|Funding for Individuals in Alabama|
• Alabama Medicaid Agency – Respite is provided through Long Term Care and Community Based Waiver Services:
Alabama Department of Public Health (Elderly and Disabled Waiver (E&D) and HIV/AIDS Waiver)
Alabama Department of Mental Health (Intellectual Disabilities Waiver, Living at Home Waiver)
Alabama Department of Senior Services (Alabama Cares; E&D Waiver, Special Grants)
• Department of Human Resources (Family Services Foster Care Program)
• Department of Child Abuse Prevention (Childrens Trust Fund)
• HEARTS Voucher Respite Programs - Offers voucher respite for Caregivers of Children who have disabilities birth - 19 years old.
• Alabama Respite - Alabama Department of Mental Health Voucher Program for caregivers of individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities.
• UCP Mobile - Voucher respite programs that help caregivers find and/or train their own respite providers. Funded by several local foundations and the Alabama Department of Mental Health.
• Alabama Head Injury Foundation – Funds available for caregivers of persons disabled by traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury
• ALS Association – Alabama Chapter – Offers voucher respite funding for caregivers of individuals with ALS
• Faith Based Initiatives - Churches in Alabama that offer a “Respite Night Out” for adults or children with special health care needs and their siblings. These programs are ministries of the churches, staffed by volunteers. For more information on starting a program, contact Alabama Respite.
• Several community foundations fund voucher respite programs – Contact Alabama Respite for more information.