|Other Sources for Respite in Alabama|
• Alabama Medicaid Agency – Respite is provided through Long Term Care and Community Based Waiver Services:
Alabama Department of Public Health (Elderly and Disabled Waiver (E&D) and HIV/AIDS Waiver)
Alabama Department of Mental Health (Intellectual Disabilities Waiver, Living at Home Waiver)
Alabama Department of Senior Services (Alabama Cares; E&D Waiver, Special Grants)
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services (Alabama Community Transition Waiver)
• Department of Human Resources (Family Services Foster Care Program)
• Department of Child Abuse Prevention (Childrens Trust Fund)
• Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network® - Alabama Department of Mental Health Voucher Program for caregivers of individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities.
• Alabama Head Injury Foundation – Funds available for caregivers of persons disabled by traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury
• ALS Association – Alabama Chapter – Offers voucher respite funding for caregivers of individuals with ALS
• Several community foundations fund voucher respite programs – Contact Alabama Respite for more information.